Thursday, January 14, 2010

Life in This Big City


Life in this big city isn't always easy. However despite my displeasure at times, I am filled with the blessing of having what I need for this today. The recent earthquake that has shattered too many lives to understand, the displaced Haitians and visitors who just like me were going about their daily lives until disaster struck, the day that defined life would never be the same for them again is to put it simply, hard to understand.

What I always find amazing and encouraging such as in 9/11, the tsunami, and now this example of vast destruction in a matter of minutes, is the people who stand up. Those strangers who take control and help souls in desperate need. As I watch the news report from afar, I remain encouraged at the unwavering spirit of humanity. Evil exists. Yet watch while good triumphs.

I can only hope that if one day I find myself in a similar situation I will be able to help someone or that someone shall arrive for me to give me the help I need. For today my prayer goes up to the Creator of all humanity for comfort, patience and peace. For the strength of his hands to be with those helping the lost, scared, injured and lonely. Let's not wait for disaster to strike to find comfort in His hands.

A song that brings comfort:
By Alicia Keys
"That's How Strong My Love Is" Click on Song #6 to hear for no charge.
http://www.aliciakeys.com/us/music/element-freedom

"Through the shake of an earthquake
I will never fall
That's how strong my love is"

No comments:

Post a Comment